标题: 《Retief Wicker Wonderland》作者: - Keith Laumer【EPUB】 [打印本页]

作者: zaq    时间: 2013-9-4 20:03
标题: 《Retief Wicker Wonderland》作者: - Keith Laumer【EPUB】
WICKER WONDERLAND "Patiently toiling in humble consulates on many a remote world, Junior Corps officers, ever- mindful of the welfare of emergent non-Terrestrial peoples, labored on in their unending quest to bring the fruits of modern technology to supplement native arts and crafts, enriching their halcyon days with the awareness of the profound effect their efforts might have on entire populations. The examples set by such dedicated public servants as Vice-consuls Pird and Wimperton stand as an inspiration to us all . . ." —Vol. VII, Reel 21, 487 AE (AD2948) Consul-General Magnan clutched his baggy chartreuse velvet beret against the blast of air from the rotor of the waiting heli, beckoned Retief closer. "I'll be candid with you, Retief," he said from the side of his mouth. "I'm not at all happy about leaving you here as deputy chief under a Groaci superior; the combination of unpredictable elements is an open invitation to disaster." "I've never known disaster to wait for an invitation, where our Groaci colleagues were

欢迎光临 (http://zasq.com/~zazww/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2